Thursday 31 December 2020

Dream a little Dream

 






Dream a little Dream


It is New Year's Eve day, and for the first time in my life I will be alone for New Years. As I pondered that idea yesterday, I must admit it brought about some unwelcome thoughts and waves of melancholy that stubbornly survived my restless sleep and creeped into my morning. Thankfully, I can also be stubborn, so I focused on the people and things that inspire me and was able to slip into meditation, connect with my spirit, and regain a more uplifting momentum, one that allowed me to dream my little dreams that help me get through every day. The following poem is a reflection of that...


This year,

let's be filled with hope,

let's dream a dream

each day to cope,

let's see ourselves in warm embrace

with smiles spread broad, across our face,

This year,

let's bathe in light.

let's share

our love, and hold it tight,

let's find our faith, strong once more,

savoring all the good in store,

This year,

let's dwell in grace,

and marvel

at the human race,

let's join together with grateful tears

for the strength, and heroes who carried us here...


With a grateful heart, hopeful spirit, and dreams of wonderful things to come, Happy New Year everyone!

Penny Bowman 2021






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Penny..dream a little dream and hope a little hope..for all we have is today. Happy New Year and to a new page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Donna, always appreciate your comments. Keep dreaming...

    ReplyDelete