Friday 2 December 2016

May the Light Linger












My brother in law passed away very recently after a very lengthy and traumatic stay in the hospital. Needless to say it is a time of tremendous sorrow. It is also a time for the process of healing to begin. Although we live miles apart, I believe my love is with my family, even when I am not, for we are connected, like all families, in ways that cannot be seen but are felt with the heart and soul.
As painful as it is to see my sister and her family grieving, it is comforting to know that our family is supporting one another, and the bond  that we share is an important part of the healing journey. Being a writer my thoughts and feelings are often processed and more easily expressed by writing them down, and so I offer these words as little pieces of  my love and strong faith that together, we will get through this difficult time and help one another to let the light and love linger a little longer, a little easier, with each passing day.






Let the tears flow,
let the sadness have its say,
let the wind bring sweet memories,
let the love forever stay,

Let our hearts slowly mend,
 the light linger more each day,
let us savour all our blessings,
and hold each other dearer,
this I pray...



With love and respect for a wonderful man who had a special way of always focusing on the light in others.





No comments:

Post a Comment