Monday 19 August 2013

Giving Way

Time with the River

It has been over a week since I have taken the time to be with the river. Time to listen to spirit. I know I need that, so today I honour my spirit and that of the river with my being. I have learned over the years it is essential to feed my spirit if I want to feel connected within, and without. The rewards are always there in the peace and serentiy I feel. Today I ask the river to wash away the tears and emotions that have come to surface this morning, knowing that she will embrace them, and lovingly let them be until they have run their course. As always she speaks to me when I am still ...


hop aboard dear one
ride upon my shoulders,
I shall carry you
with wind and waves
for I yield to you
as I yield to rocks, and shore, and sand
offering no resistance
just allowing myself to give way
free to carry on my way...

Oh to be more like the river, naturally giving way to obstacles with such flexibility, fluidity and grace...
With gratitude once again dear River.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment