Saturday 7 September 2013


Out of the Darkness





It is September and the days are becoming shorter. I love so many things about the fall, cooler days, the red and orange colours that pop out on the trees, the golden colour of hay bales lined up in the farmers fields. What I don't like is the sun setting earlier putting our day to rest before we are ready. This week I was moaning that fact when I looked out the window and saw the most beautiful shades of pink on the river. The sun was just setting and it was creating a glorious  light show on the water as it quickly descended. I raced down to the river with camera in hand to see if I could capture a moment in time. It was mesmerising to see the pink and purple hues stretching across the river like a blanket  being loving spread over a precious loved one.  My fascination resulted in waiting too long for the shot, but my soul had been nourished and it did not seem as important any more. Even though the darkness came earlier, it brought such beauty and light, I could not help but feel inspired. As I walked away I heard the river whispering something  I had forgotten.



stay open
the cycle of darkness and light
is as it should be
there is a greater purpose
beyond the immediate moment
for out of the darkness
 often comes the most beautiful  light....



Penny B



No comments:

Post a Comment