Thursday 31 October 2013

If You Go There


If you go There

Connecting


This fall was a wonderful treat. Unusually warm weather combined with autumn's hand print created an amazing environment for us to enjoy the fall kaleidoscope of colors. I say this, and yet I found myself complaining in the midst of this miraculous change because I knew what would soon follow. I know I am not alone in this thinking, come on, admit it... I heard you... Why do we do that? Instead of surrendering to the inevitable, and embracing the beauty that the "now" offers, we often ignore the rainbow and jump right over it, into a pile of mud! Our thinking takes us away from the present moment and we miss the gifts that surround us.

One of the reasons I decided to practice meditation was to learn how to slow down, stop, and become mindful of my thoughts, feelings and surroundings. ( I am much better than I used to be.)  It has been an amazing journey, one that has required a certain amount of patience, confidence and faith. So many people find it difficult at first, but as I discovered, it quickly becomes more natural and brings a wealth of unexpected benefits. Meditation not only helps to let go of mind and body stress, and strengthen mindfulness, it can also be a very powerful pathway for self discovery and healing. 

 It makes sense that taking time to be still and listen allows our hearts and souls an opportunity to communicate with us. To me it is similar to sitting down with a good friend and just listening, with no expectations, or judgements, just an open mind and loving heart. Through this communication we are better able to get to the heart of our problems and begin to heal ourselves. When we connect with our hearts and souls it is easier to understand, forgive, accept, and really love ourselves. We find out who we really are is beautiful. This in turn, helps us to do the same for others. Meditation becomes a catalyst for self discovery, inner peace, joy, mindfulness and healing. 

Much of my writing comes from my connection with spirit. When I step out of the way and allow inspiration to flow through me, I am often surprised (but always pleased) with the results. For those of you who have not tried meditation I encourage you to take the first step. There is a huge assortment of books and Cd's to help you get started, many of them freely available online. If you are one of those people who think they cannot do it, that is your first challenge... to embrace the possibility that if you go there, it will come!

Namaste my friends! Namaste. 





 A Breath Away

Within,
the peace you seek,
the love you desire,
a joy undiscovered,
within,
and only 
a breath away...

PBowman


  

No comments:

Post a Comment