Friday 14 February 2014

About Love






Some people think love is a feeling. Others believe it is an action. I have come to realise it is both, and so much more. Love, I believe, is the essence of who we all are. It is the indescribable energy within us that brings us both joy and peace. It is the hand of kindness, compassion, acceptance and tolerance. It is the source of our creativity, the light within us that is there wherever we go and whatever we do.
The first time I ever fully connected with this part of me, it began a transformation that continues today. I felt I was finally home, and this energy inside that loved unconditionally, helped me to learn to love myself that way. It ignited a strength that comes from knowing who you are is truly beautiful.
Now, don't get me wrong, I am not always able to be this love, I have my imperfections and struggles. But I also have the inspiration to be better, to love more, because I know it is who I am...who we all are. 
The cliche, life is a journey, is in fact, for me, an inspiration. My journey is to grow in love. To consciously connect with this part of me, to listen and ask questions of my heart, to honour it's wisdom, and allow it to flow through me via my creative expression, personal growth and connection with others. 
We all need to be loved, to feel we are seen and heard. I believe it starts with seeing ourselves, then we can begin to let who we are, the love within us, blossom.
One of the reasons I write is that it is one of the most powerful ways I connect with the love inside of myself. I have learned that listening to my heart, recognising what my passions are, and owning my unique talents, is one of the greatest gifts I can give myself.
So, on this day that people speak of love and express their love for one another, I urge you to love yourself! I urge you to take some time to visit your heart, tell it that you love it and you are listening. Then ask, how can I love myself today?What wisdom would you like to share.You may be surprised what you get...
 To my partner, friends and family who listen to me, and help me to feel seen and loved every day, I thank you for all your acts of  kindness and compassion, they are truly appreciated. Most importantly, to my own heart, thank you for the strength, comfort, joy, and the inspiration you bring every day, I love you and I am listening...




the beauty,
 strength, and wisdom
 of the heart
is never ending,
we can visit anytime
and be transformed...

pbowman





No comments:

Post a Comment