Tuesday 25 March 2014

Take that Winter!











As I write this blog on the 24th of March with temperatures and wind chills still a cold heartless force to be reckoned with, it most certainly seems like winter has defeated us and taken a toll our spirits. Unwelcomed, it has persisted and very rudely extended it's stay. (Shame on you winter!) It has slowly, painfully, dulled our enthusiasm and energy with it's relentless snow storms, grey days, and temperatures that would scare even Frosty! The lightness of foot we enjoy in the spring and summer has been weighed down by heavy winter boots, bulky coats and long underwear, and I for one am not taking it any more!!!
I refuse to be taken hostage by winter one more day. I am going to focus my attention on finding a way to thrive without down feathers,wool socks and ear muffs. I am going to rekindle the light heartedness and joy the other (nicer) seasons inspire.
I am going to dig out my summer shorts, sandals and sunhat, stoke up the fire, (a girl has to survive!) and wear them around the house! Ok, maybe I will just look at them and get them ready for the glorious day I can wear them without fear of frostbite. Take that, winter weather in spring!!
No, I will no longer be hostage to the weather. I will create my own forecast every day, warm, sunny heart, with zero chance of spirits being dampened. I will visualize hot sunny days, paddling, swimming, hiking and lazing in the sun. I will not look at the weather forecast or listen to other people grumbling and getting angry at the weather (sorry grumbling friends) I will focus on the the good things in my life, count my blessings and as soon as I can, book a flight to Florida and get the heck out of here!!



Dear Cold Hearted Winter


You cannot take me hostage,
not any longer,
cold  hearted winter,
I will survive
no, I shall thrive,
I shall rise above...
I will watch I Love Lucy videos
I will dance in my pj's
I will drink wine,
sing while I cook
and write silly blogs,
no, you will not defeat me
I will thrive!
( but could you please stop with the freaking cold weather now!!!)

sincerely,

Penny


PS   I only said please because I know Winter knows where I live!



No comments:

Post a Comment