Thursday 6 April 2023

Resurrecting Hope


                        



                                                                                                          

I have spent the last two and a half years on a healing journey that until recently seemed to be going in circles. I was losing hope that I would ever feel like myself again. Living alone, I thought too much solitude was part of the problem, but, in retrospect I think it served an important role and was a reminder to have faith in the journey, even when it doesn't seem to make sense. Just as spring encourages us to have hope, faith does as well, for it nurtures the belief that all shall be well, and that we will find our way if we continue with an open mind.

The turning point in my journey quite literally, came out of the blue, and with the help of some eagles. After spotting an eagle circling above me twice in the same week, I saw it as a sign, and meditated on the message it might be offering. During that meditation, I became an eagle, ( highly recommend it!) and was able to look down on my life with a new perspective and clarity. Things that confused me for so long, began to make sense, and I could see the connection between the choices I had made, their consequences, and the patterns that I had been repeating. I also understood that patience and faith can be choices, but even more importantly, beautiful acts of self love and compassion. I realized that although I like myself, I still have a lot of work to do, to really love myself. The journey, as they say, never ends... 

It is with love and compassion that I share this story so those of you who are also struggling won't give up or lose hope. Our difficult times can be very frustrating and painful, but I urge you to keep an open mind, and have faith in yourself and your journey. The contrast in our lives can serve as a powerful catalyst for spiritual growth, which, in my experience, always comes with a beautiful gift. Whether that gift is expanding our ability to let go, forgive, or have compassion, it enriches our lives, brings us more joy, and deepens our ability to love. So, dear friends, if you are in the midst of a growth spurt, be patient and kind with yourself, stay open to what it can teach you, and believe that you will not only get through it, but reap some wonderful rewards. It seems that faith, like spring, doesn't always come when you want it but it does have the power to resurrect hope and give birth to beautiful opportunities.

Even though spring isn't here yet, may thoughts of spring ignite the beautiful light of hope within you, and should you doubt yourself, remember, there are lots of people in your life who believe in you. I do! 

from my heart to yours,

love and light,

Penny

 


Sometimes

we think we are the darkness,

the thoughts that drag us down, 

the hurts, the disappointments,

the loneliness...


but we are not..

.

We are the whispers from within,

that summon courage and strength,

we are the sun

that pushes through

on cloudy days,

we are the weathered faith 

that anchors us,


we are hope,

resurrected time and time again,

 we are not the darkness,

We, are the light,


pbowman





No comments:

Post a Comment